Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lincoln Center Directors Lab


I had the chance to attend the Lincoln Center Theater Directors Lab again this summer and I couldn't turn it down. The experience is intense and exhausting, but a very rewarding opportunity to meet directors and theater artists from around the world. It's also a great place for sharing ideas and for a rigorous directing workout. This year I had the opportunity to work on a project; in a mere nine hours of rehearsal, I put together a 23-minute piece, including script, design, staging, and performance, with Veronica Wigg, a fellow lab director the lab director chose to work with me, our designer Craig Napoliello, and five highly skilled and experienced actors assigned to the project. I was far less horrified at the start of the lab this year, as is evident in this photograph. I'm in the light green t-shirt in the 5th row, not nearly as freaked-out looking as I was last year.

No comments: